Friday, May 8, 2009

May 8, 2009

Well, things are moving slowly, but I am improving. The severe gas pain feeling has let off some, and now I just have really bad cramping. Things are so much more easy to deal with when they don't bombard you all at once. With that being said, I did get expanded on Thursday. The nurse only put 60cc of fluid in each rather than 120cc like last time, because she said as you progress, it may be a little more uncomfortable. All I have to say is THANK YOU for not making more miserable. Although it is uncomfortable, I know that if I had gotten 120cc we would be busting out the pain meds! I don't mind taking my time, geesh, I'm on this roller coaster for 5 more months...so lets not be hasty with the whole expansion thing. There is one more thing...nausea! Not all the time (which is nice), but violent waves without notice. I had a few yesterday, out of the blue I would be feeling pretty good and WHAM, I need a trash can (I haven't actually thrown up yet, Thank God!) Chad thinks it's from all the hormones from the IVF and hopefully they are working their way out of my body, which explains the waves (we try to rationalize everything, I think we think it gives us control? Or we don't know what in the hell we are talking about, but just want an answer for everything, who knows!)
I still haven't gone back to work since the egg harvest, I totally underestimated how blah and uncomfortable I would be. The next speed bump is my port placement, Mom has actually had this done, so hopefully were back on familiar ground. She says I should feel fine the next day, just a little swollen and tender in the area. Again, I may be setting myself for disappointment, but I hope to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Why not Friday you ask....because we are going to Gatlinburg with a group of friends!!!! I am so excited, I hope and pray that I feel good for this trip, a few days to feel like myself again before I get beaten down by chemo.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alicia:

    I hope all things are well. I got this website from the office. I just wanted to know you are not forgotten and you are always in my prayers. Hang in there and continue to take it slow. I hope your trip to TN is fantastic. I look forward to seeing you back at the office. Take care!

    Megan Wade (AZ rep)

    ReplyDelete