Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29, 2009

Today I had a lab appointment to check my blood counts. Basically they sucked! But don't fear...they said that since I am not sick, there was no need to panic or do anything at this point. (If it persist or I get really sick, then they can give me injections or infusions to help stimulate cell growth to boost the numbers. Mom had to have some of these shots, and she said they really make your bones hurt/ache.) However I am very high risk for infections or illness, so I have to wash my hands like an OCD person and stay away from sick people. They said my white blood cells were 1.8 (WBC 1.8) and my granulcytes, which is a part of your WBC's were 400 (GR 0.4), they should be 1,400. Yeah, none of this makes since to me either, just know they were VERY low.
On a note that makes more sense, I had another great day! After work I got to hang out with my nephews (Oh, how I love them!) and family for dinner. Tomorrow a friend and I are going to Huber's Winery for lunch, I can't wait. I am so glad that life hasn't stopped. I'm not sticking my head in the sand, I realize that I probably won't feel this good for all the treatments, but man it really makes me happy. I'll take all the good days I can get :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment