Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18, 2009

Finally, a happier blog! The past weekend was great. We spent the last four days in Gatlinburg, TN with a huge group of friends and had a blast! It was so relaxing and it gave me an opportunity to forget my realities at home and enjoy the beauty of nature (the view was amazing!!!), spend much needed quality time with my husband, and laugh my guts out with friends! We spent alot of time lounging around the cabin, but we got out some too. Chad and I went to the aquarium, did some outlet shopping (I bought a Coach wristlet), we visited a winery, and went out for lunch and ice cream (just the two of us). It was so nice to come and go as we pleased and didn't have to worry about work or doctor's appointments. I've been feeling alot better too. My belly pains and swelling are improved, now all I'm left with is wicked bad back pain, but that too is getting better.
When we got home the first thing we wanted to do was pick up our baby, Murphy (our spoiled rotten dog). He spent the weekend at Grandma Ledington's (Chad's parents) which was as much fun for him as our vacation was to us. When we got there he was playing with his buddy (Kiaya, a rot mix) in the baby pool next door and didn't even look up from wrestling when we called for him. Needless to say, we always know he is well taken care of! He went to bed at 9 pm tonight and has been dreaming of his weekend ever since.
As for me, I am ready to get to bed too. I've got a busy week ahead and want to take advantage of the rest I got this weekend. Tomorrow is my first Young Survivors event. I'm nervous, but really excited about getting to meet women close to my age that can help me sort through all the emotions and fear I have. I realize there's no handbook on how to deal with everything, but there's strength in knowing that your not the only one.
Chemo starts on Thursday. I'm scared about that, mostly because I don't know how I'll feel (the unknown), but I guess you have to start something before you can finish it.
I'm hoping to post some pictures from the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment