Monday, May 25, 2009

May 25, 2009

I am so excited to report that chemo has been kind to me this round. Everyday I open my eyes and think "maybe it hasn't hit yet". But I feel like today was day five, so surely the worst would be here by now. I don't feel great, but I know that it could be a hundred times worse. I told Chad today that I almost feel like I don't deserve to complain since some people are way more sick and miserable. The best way I can explain my symptoms is that it feels like I'm coming down with something. Almost like I've got the flu, but not quite as bad. I've got a sore throat, my bowels can't make up their mind, and I feel run down, however I'm able to move around and get out of the house for little trips and I haven't had nausea (although I been religious about taking anti-nausea medicine just in case). Oh, I hope and pray that every treatment goes this well!!! Since today was Memorial Day my office was closed, but I am planning on working for a few hours tomorrow. I had originally expected to be off this whole week, so I bet my office will be surprised. So, I guess we'll keep thanking our lucky stars and see how the rest of the week goes. I've got an appointment on Friday to check my blood counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment