Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 6, 2009

My eggs have been harvested! The procedure was yesterday. Everything went really well, and they were able to retrieve 32 eggs!!! That's insane! They said my ovaries were huge, which is a good thing for IVF, not such a good thing for me....now I am sooo bloated and cramping really bad! It feels like the worst case of gas pain. They said it should improve over the next 1-2 weeks, because they stuck my ovaries so many times they are full of blood and swollen. Then last night my eggs and Chad's sperm met...it must have been love at first sight because 22 eggs were fertilized! Now their frozen in little straws waiting to be implanted. Not your typical 'Birds and Bee's' story. So much for feeling better after I finished the fertility meds, I feel just as crappy now due to the bloating and discomfort from surgery. Anyways, I'm taking it easy today, Dr.'s orders, before my expansion tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 22 eggs. That is good, very good! Get your rest you are still in for a tough road. Thinking of you. Love, Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl,
    I have thought of you a million times!! I'm so sorry for all that you are having to endure. Don't be so hard on yourself, you have had so much to deal with. You are such a strong and beautiful woman. All this pain and suffering you have endured will pay off. Keep looking ahead to the future and know that God is near and He loves you. He has great plans for you. May you find strength and comfort knowing so many of your friends and family love you!!!

    Mary Lee

    ReplyDelete