Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13, 2009

I have to be honest, I'm getting tired of writing such negative blogs. I wish things would look up, I wish I would feel better. I was telling my friend the other day, this has been my life for so long that I'm running out of non-cancer things to talk about when I'm hanging with friends. Don't get me wrong, there are things to look forward to, like Gatlinburg this weekend, but even still, I won't feel like myself. I went back to work yesterday! I also did too much, and paid the price. At the end of the night I couldn't get my scrub top off due to pain and restricted movement (and the fact scrubs have no elasticity in them at all!) and ended up cutting it off, I felt like I was back in my EMS days, cutting trauma patients clothes. It kinda made me laugh. My belly pains were back full force last night and all day today, and I've had wicked bad neck pain (I haven't figured out what that is from yet). I managed to make it to work today in time to eat lunch, have a break down for no reason, and curl up in pain just to turn around and head back home with only one hour on the clock.
I had my port placement surgery on Monday, everything went well. No more looking for veins, just use my port!
Actually, I do have some things to look forward to. When we get home from Gatlinburg I am going to my first Young Survivors meeting/dinner. I am looking forward to taking with other young women who have or are going though the same thing as me. With starting chemo next week I'm sure I'll be nervous and have lots of questions and concerns. Plus, the night before chemo my office is taking me out to our favorite restaurant 'On The Border' for some pre-chemo fun. So, for the next week I will be surrounded by family and friends to help me keep my mind off the upcoming chemo. I guess I'm blessed. Actually, I know I'm blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alicia! I found your blog through Katy Durec and have been following for a bit. You said something about the Young Survivors Dinner and I'm pretty sure one of my husbands cousins is going. She's SUPER SWEET and I know would be more than willing to walk with you through all of this! You actually may know her...this is assuming you're in Louisville (I'm putting two & two together, b/c I saw that she said she was going to be at a young survivors dinner too next week)! Her name is Jana Loi Eberle. She and her mom both went through breast cancer.... You can email me if you want her information or just reply to this thread. I'll keep checking back. Just thought I'd throw that out there for you! My email is anaville0329@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete