Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4, 2009

Yeah!!!! I have finished my injections for Fertility! I took my last shot last night. They have scheduled to do the harvest Tuesday morning. I couldn't be happier, not because it is exciting (what's exciting about harvesting your eggs when all you wanted to do is be healthy and pregnant at this time), but because I am so ready for these symptoms to take a hike! The past few days I have been sooo nauseous. It hits mid afternoon and all I want to do I go to bed so I can forget about it, but tomorrow is the big day.
I don't really now much about the process, other than they consider it a surgery because they will have to put me under to do the procedure. Then I go to recovery for a couple of hours, then home to lay in bed for a day or two.
My next expansion is scheduled for Thursday, so that should give me enough time to recover from that before the dreaded pain of expansion hits again (but this time I can take better medicine for it, before, with the egg harvesting I couldn't really take much).
My goal for the day (I don't normally have daily goals) is to shower and get to work and back before the nausea kicks in (I plan on driving myself, I'll let you know how that goes!). Its been a few weeks since I've been to work, and believe it or not, I really want to go back. I really want a routine again, but I know that is unlikely for the next 5 months.
Chemo is creeping up, only 17 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment