Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10, 2009 A Tribute To My Mother

This one's for you mom! I'm not exactly sure how to begin. First off Thank You!!! Thank you for loving me-unconditionally, raising to have values and to believe in God, trusting me and teaching me to trust myself, showing me how to follow my heart, being a solid and strong woman to look up to. Thank you for believing in me, even when I didn't believe in myself, for showing me courage, but most of all...THANK YOU FOR BEING MY FRIEND!
Last year I was broken hearted watching you battle cancer. I experienced so many emotions, I cried, anxiety, felt helpless, fear, pain. It was the longest and hardest trial of my life, I wanted nothing more than for you to be finished and healthy. Now its my turn, you have been by my side since the beginning, holding my hand. I can truly say I know how you must feel, and I'm sorry. We had finally reached the finish line with your treatment and life was just starting to get back to normal. So, the long journey begins again, and I am so blessed to have you help me through. Thank you for being a woman, friend and mother I can depend on. You have been a role model in so many ways, and I know that if we beat cancer once, we can do it again. You give me hope, and courage. I thank God for an amazing mother and a best friend!
Happy Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alicia - you should check out www.youngsurvival.org

    There's a whole community devoted to young women and breast caner.

    ReplyDelete