Monday, April 6, 2009

April 6, 2009

Less than 12 hours til surgery. Its the first big step (besides getting diagnosed) of a long journey. Chad and I went to dinner tonight, and on the way home we saw a rainbow. I'm not a superstitious person, but after getting diagnosed on Friday the 13th, I'm gonna take the rainbow as a sign of good luck! I had a really good day today. I'm ready to get started, I just want the cancer out!!! It has definitely been growing since I found it two months ago. Just this week I was in the bathroom and looked in the mirror and noticed that you can see the lump under my skin.
We went to the geneticist today....my test were negative?! The counselor told us that she doesn't agree. That particular gene mutation may be normal, but that there are lots more out there that we haven't detected yet. She said that as far as their concerned, they are going to give us recommendations and treatment as if it were positive. She says that our family history disagrees with the test, and that they believe that there is a genetic link.
Well, I guess I'm gonna try to go to bed. I had a crazy dream last night that my cancer had metastasized to my knee. Don't ask me what that means...and no, I wasn't on any drugs. I plan on having a restless night, but I'm hoping for the best.
I plan on having Chad give you guys an update tomorrow evening when I get in a room. So until then, wish me luck!!!! I'm not scared, I feel strong and ready. Thanks for all the prayers!

1 comment:

  1. As I read this my hormonal self is about to break into tears in the middle of work...I have dreamt about you the past several nights and will be thinking about you all day today. You really are brave...just the thought of a shot scares the hell out of me!! Hope all goes well and can't wait to read about it later tonight!....Erin.

    ReplyDelete