Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 25, 2009

Yesterday was a great day, the weather as beautiful (as I mentioned before, it makes a huge difference in my mood) and I got to go outside and walk. I worked on my stretches and took it easy. We also went over to friends house for dinner, a cookout, which was delicious. I can tell a huge difference this morning in my discomfort and tightness having taken it easy yesterday. So, I plan to do the same today. I've already taken my walk for the day, and started my stretches, and I'm hoping my father will stop by and hang out on the porch with me. Louisville weather is so unpredictable, so I want to take advantage of it when I can.
I am trying to get myself mentally prepared for Monday, that's when I get my first expansion. I'm not sure why, but this really freaks me out (maybe because it is the unknown, we didn't go through this with Mom). I am working so hard to take care of myself and I'm starting to feel good, and I'm afraid that this is going to set me back and I'm going to be in pain again. Then again, it could be no big deal and I'll feel fine afterwards.
Oh yeah, last night was my first injection for the fertility process. I gave myself the shot, much to Chad's dismay (my best friend was there to give me encouragement...or tell me I was a weenie) and it went pretty well. After about two minutes of talking me into stabbing myself I did it, the needle didn't really hurt at all, but the medicine really smarted. One down, how many more to go? Now we're just waiting for me to fall apart emotionally (they say it is a side effect), so far so good, ha, ha, I bet that depends on who you ask.
Anyways, I'm looking forward to another good day. Maybe I'll try working again next week, it's a shame that requires driving :(

No comments:

Post a Comment