Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20, 2009


Well, it's been a good weekend. I had the opportunity to get out of the house each day for a few hours. Friday a good friend of mine came over and hung out. We went for a walk and watched movies, much needed girl time. On Saturday my nephews, sister, brother-in-law, and dad went to Bowman Field Airport to check out some of the planes in the 'Thunder Over Louisville' Air Show. It was a nice day, and I love spending time with my family. Then, on Sunday hung out a my cousins for a baby shower.
So....today I had my appointment with the plastic surgeon, I was accompanied by Chad and my sister, Tricia. YEAH!!! I got my drains out. I can't explain the feeling of having them pulled out, it was very weird, but not really painful. Now, I feel free! I feel a hundred times better, don't get me wrong, I still have discomfort in my chest and armpits, but not having those stupid drains makes such a difference. I am scheduled to be expanded next Monday (I must admit that I am glad to wait, I wanted to have a break from the pain). He said I could do whatever I felt up to, with moderation. I'm hoping to go back to work at some point this week, I'm really looking forward to a routine again.
After the appointment Tricia and I want to one of the Cancer Centers to check out the wigs. We found a wig that looks similar to my current hair-do, unfortunately, it needs a little TLC, but it was free! And, if I can figure it out, I have a photo of my haircut (my friend came over this morn to glam me up for the day).

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your hair!! I hope each day gets easier for you! I'm glad you are feeing like going back to work, just don't want you to over do it!
    Love you,
    Mary Lee

    ReplyDelete