Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 23, 2009

Wow, I think I got ahead of myself this week. Its hard to believe it's only been 2 and a half weeks since surgery. I drove myself to a follow up appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday. Yep, you heard me, I drove myself. Then on Wednesday I drove myself to work, that day didn't go so well. Besides the fact that I was exhausted and couldn't get myself out of bed, driving really hurt my chest and arms. I only worked 1 hour and 45 minutes before I was in too much pain and realized that I am pushing myself too fast. So, okay, I admit it, I need to slow down.
Today I saw my oncologist (I made Chad drive) and got some good news. Since the cancer was not in my lymph nodes my treatment regimen has changed. Instead of getting three types of chemo, I only have to get two types, Cytoxan and Taxotere. Plus I will only be getting 6 rounds every three weeks, rather than 7 rounds. However, I will have to get a port, which I expected this. We got to check out the treatment rooms and have a tour of the office. My first chemo treatment is scheduled for May 21st, ready or not!
After my doctors appointment, Chad and I ran some errands. Believe it or not Chad went grocery shopping (if you know Chad, you know this is an act of God!)!!!! I am looking forward to taking it easy tomorrow, working on my stretches and doing some paperwork, oh yeah, and starting my hormone injections! We'll see how that goes, I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. That is GREAT you don't have to get adriomycin--that is the real meanie! None of them are great but adriomycin is rough!! Good news. Hope your expansion wasn't too bad today. Take tylenol before you go....

    ReplyDelete