Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27, 2009

Today was the big day....I got my first expansion. The process went really well and there wasn't much pain. After the doctor injected the fluid, he aspirated around the expanders and pulled off 90cc of fluid/swelling left from having the drains removed last week. So basically I don't look any bigger than when I did this A.M., but my muscles are being stretched. Afterwards Chad and I went out to lunch and when I got home I was pretty tired so I laid down to take a nap. Oh that's when it kicked in! When I laid down it felt like I had sandbags on my chest, it was tight and really painful. I am starting to feel a little bit better now that I'm up and about. I took a walk and worked on my stretches, believe it or not, they really help. Tonight was my fourth hormone shot. I'm starting to get used to them, I don't have to stand there forever psyching me into sticking myself. As far as Chad and I can tell, I haven't been an emotional roller coaster. Tomorrow we go back to the fertility center to see how my 'follicles' are doing. As of the last visit they are saying we are scheduled to harvest the eggs the first week in May. Hopefully I'll have a more definite date tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment