Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 30, 2009

Well, I have to say that mentally I am ready for chemo this week. I'm ready to get this show on the road. After this treatment I will be half way through. However, I think my body is protesting (which I think is weird, since it didn't share that sentiment with my psyche). I've been really tired and I have had the worst back pain today right below my shoulder blades. I've had this pain before, but not this bad. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the expansion process, but what do you do? I wanna have boobs, so I guess you suck it up. The concerning pain is in my trunk. Under my right breast down to where my rib cage ends is sooooo terribly tender I can't stand it. Even to stretch hurts (pressing the tissue against my ribs), this too I think may be attributed to the expansion process, but I will ask tomorrow. Yep, getting pumped up tomorrow. This hasn't really been a issue in the past, so I don't expect to have any pain or problems (usually just a little muscle tightness). We'll see how things look (buy things I mean breast), but I should only have one more expansion after tomorrow. If I've learned anything through this process, it's not to get your hopes up...everything is subject to change.
Yesterday was a great day! Mom and I had the "Look Good, Feel Better" class. It was nice. There was only one other lady there with us (she had small cell lung cancer). The whole time was spent on doing our make-up. We each received a make-up bag FULL of make-up. Brands like Chanel, Este Lauder, Aveda, Bobby Brown, Clinque, Mac and more. They value each bag over $300 dollars. I'm pretty sure I've never spent that amount of money on make-up in my whole life, hahaha. Anyways, after the class we did a little bit of shopping, and had lunch. I love my mother, and I'm so glad that we are so close and can enjoy spending time together.
It just occurred to me that today was my Monday, and tomorrow will be my Friday, not too bad, huh?
Now if I can just remember some quarters for the meters tomorrow, gets me every time! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't the Look Good, Feel Better program wonderful ... love the goody bag.

    ReplyDelete