Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 23, 2009

Well, in this case no news is good news (not always the case). I've been feeling great, back to myself after my last chemo. However I've been preoccupied the past few days....Twilight! I'm addicted, thanks girls (you know who you are) for dragging me kicking and screaming into the 'club'. Basically I've not taken my nose out the books for the past few days. Last night I didn't go to bed til 1:30am because I couldn't put the book down. Seriously though, I am really impressed at how well chemo has been going. I really feel blessed that I've been able to maintain my normal life and continue to work. Tomorrow is my "Young Survivors" lunch, I'm really looking forward to it. I had a really good time last time. It's hard to go for the first time to anything like this because you don't know what to expect or if you'll hit it off with anyone there, but I was really impressed. I definitely have made some friends, true life long friends.
I received a pleasant surprise today, were going on a family vacation, Yeeeaaaa! In August my parents and sisters family are going to Tennessee to relax and spend some time together, it's going to be alot of fun. I can't remember the last time we took a family vacation, I know I was young. We used to go somewhere every year, we were a lucky family.
I plan on going to spin class again this week, oh the beloved bike! I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I know there is hope of me riding outside again (I was worried that after surgery I would be limited, due to the risk of lymphedema,and limited strength and range of motion, but my strength is returning, and no signs of edema). My favorite triathlon is in August, so my plan is to race next year. It will kinda be my kick off, back into my athletic hobbies (I should be done with all my surgeries by then).
Well good night, after a late night last night (he, he) and a busy week at work so far this week (covering for a coworker from 8-5 past two days), I'm off to bed. Yawn.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that chemo is going well this round and that you are feeling better! And crack me up that you are actually reading Twilight now too! :) Are you going to start carrying pictures of Edward on your phone like Erin? ;) JK - I really did enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete