Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17, 2009

So this round hasn't been as easy as the last one, but I'm still working and getting out of the house. Needless to say this weekend I didn't feel good. I felt like I was coming down with something, and my throat hurt soooo bad. I couldn't even touch my neck or jaw it was so sore. I had a headache, WICKED BAD heartburn, my body ached, a rash on my head that won't go away, and generally felt like crap. (I'm journaling this as a record, not to complain)
To make my weekend even better, Sunday Chad let Murphy out and when he came in he STUNK SO BAD. The stupid dog got into a dead (and rotting) animal, rolled around in it and ate it. Yuck!!! We ended up giving him a bath (even though I didn't want to get up) and feeding him anything to get the smell out of his mouth. That did NOT make me feel better.
I'm surprised at how much longer the symptoms are lasting this time. Today is Wednesday and I feel like I'm not really improving yet. I've been pretty exhausted this week, but I've worked everyday. I'm making it a point to get out of the house to do fun things as much as possible to keep me entertained and motivated. Last night I went out to dinner with some girlfriends from high school, we had a blast talking and catching up.
Tomorrow Chad and I get massages!! I'm so excited. I've been having alot of back pain (I'm pretty sure it's from the expansion) so I've been looking forward to it. Special thanks to the Cancer Resource Center at Norton's for giving us massages while your in treatment, rock on!!! That's what I call a sick and twisted benefit of having cancer, but oh well, I guess if I'm gonna have cancer might as well make the best of it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment