Monday, June 15, 2009

June 15, 2009

Sorry, I did it again. Time gets away from me. I just realized that I hadn't blogged since chemo. About that, it was quite eventful! I had a reaction to one of the chemo's I'm on. It was lunch time and Chad had just brought up some lunch, so I sat up to eat and BAM, it hit me. It was so scary, it hit soooo fast. Literally, in like 10 sec I was having a severe reaction. When I sat up I got nauseous all the sudden and told Chad I thought I was going to get sick, could he go get a nurse, before he could get out of the room I was short of breath, couldn't breath, coughing, wheezing, RED AS A CHERRY, burning from my neck up, back pain, and nauseous. Within seconds the doctor, pharmacist, and several nurses were in my room, dragging oxygen in tow. They turned my chemo off and within about 15 minutes things were getting back to normal. After MORE steroids and Benedryl they were able to restart the chemo at a much slower drip and I didn't have any other reactions. Needless to say we were there forever that day.
Chemo hit much faster this time around too. Friday while I was at work the nausea hit and I didn't have my handy dandy Zofran (nausea medicine) with me, bummer! All in all I still feel like I can't complain. I felt pretty crummy this weekend, but I was able to go to church and get out of the house for a while. I definitely think this time around was worse than last time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, that sounds so scary! I'm glad that it didn't last very long for you! You are in my prayers, as always!

    ReplyDelete