Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 28, 2009

I've had a great weekend. Friday after work I went wig shopping. It really was fun trying all of them on, seeing what I looked like with all the different hair do's. I decided on on a longer style with some loose curls and swooped bangs. I like it alot, it makes me feel good about myself, and the warm reddish brown gives my face some much needed color. I was thinking about taking some photos of my different wigs and posting them on the blog. That way you guys can check them out and vote for your favorite ones. Speaking of hair, as you know I shaved my head about a month ago. I have a some very short stubble left that I thought was weird, I would have thought that it would fall out too. I figured it had something to do with it being so short (who knows, my theories are usually wrong anyways). At any rate, the stubble is no longer going to be a problem. Last night while I was showering, I rinsed out my rag after washing my head (you can do that when you don't have long hair, saves time AND money on shampoo, haha) and it was covered with stubble. I still have some stubble, but now its patchy, PLUS I still have that stupid rash on my head and neck! I am surprised how long the whole hair loss process has taken. I still haven't lost my eyebrows or eyelashes yet. They seem to be falling out, just very slowly. Even still, being bald has been soooooo easy. Showering is faster, getting ready is faster, it's cooler on these HOT summer days, plus you can wear a wig to fit whatever mood your in.
Yesterday I went to Huber's Winery. I love that place, if you can't tell by how often I go. We picked some berries (I love fresh produce), and ate lunch while a band played. We sat there drinking our sangria's enjoying the day. I feel so blessed to have great friends.
I'm looking forward to next week too, even though it's my chemo week. I'll only have a two day work week. I have Monday off work so Mom and I can go to a "Look Good, Feel Better" class. They give us tips on how to hide the side effects of chemo and give us makeovers to help us feel better about ourselves during our treatments. Mom gets to go too because she just finished her chemo treatments in January and is still considered "in treatment" (even though she is now in remission, a survivor!). I think it's going to be fun, were going to go to lunch first and make it a girls day, plus it's Margarita Monday. Work Tuesday and Wednesday (doctor's appointment Wednesday with the plastic surgeon for an expansion) off Thursday for chemo, then off Friday for the fourth of July weekend. Plus I have two long weekends to flank the short work week, pretty sweet!
Chads off tonight so I'm gonna go spend some time with him

No comments:

Post a Comment