Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29, 2009

Today was a good day. I worked a full day, came home, made dinner, did some laundry, and took a walk. It was a beautiful night to walk and I enjoyed getting out of the house (it's just nice to feel good enough to want to go on a walk).
The Assistant Editor for the Today's Woman magazine had asked all the women participating in the shoot tomorrow to gather some words that they feel represent how we feel at this moment in our lives and as survivors and e-mail them to her. I wanted to share mine with you:
BLESSED (my blessings have far out weighed the negative impact of my diagnosis)
EMPOWERED (cancer has given me the opportunity to prove to myself that I can accomplish things that I felt were unobtainable as an individual)
BEAUTIFUL (cancer has helped me embrace my inner beauty, and appreciate my outer beauty)
LOVED (people always wonder who would come to their funerals, I am blessed to know who my true friends and supporters are when I need them most!)
HOPEFUL, OPTIMISTIC (the ability to see past the present and know that God will provide)
CONNECTED (due to and since my diagnosis, I have made true friends for life! Relationships that carry true understanding and support)
STRONG (I AM STRONGER THAN THIS, AND I WILL BEAT IT!)

1 comment:

  1. Perfect and so true!!!!!!!! You go girl :):):):)!!!!!!!!!! Helen A

    ReplyDelete