Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28, 2009

Yay me! I made it to work today and worked 6 1/2 hours. I did have to take a little nap half way through the day, but I'm still proud. I was concerned this morning when I was taking my shower and nearly passed out (thank God for our shower stall, if it were a shower curtain, I would have been on the floor), but after lunch I started to feel somewhat better. My 'better' now days would usually be a bad day in my pre-cancer life, but compared to how I felt since my last chemo, I think this is great! I'll take it. Mom and I go for our photo shoot on Thursday for "Today's Woman". I'm starting to get excited, I have no idea what to expect.
Well I still haven't really gotten my taste back yet, but things are going down alot easier than they were the past few days, which is a good sign. I was afraid that since this treatment was so much worse, that I wouldn't get to bounce back. I'm sure I'm not going to be going at my normal 110%, but as long as I'm not stuck in bed I'm happy. My husband and I have a beautiful home, but I'm getting tired of being stuck in it, LOL.
So yesterday I tried to make it to work without success, I spent most of the day in bed or in the recliner. My wonderful mother came by to take me to the grocery store (we really had NO food, no bread, no soup, nothing!) and I only had to sit down once. I feel so much more winded this time around,but even since this afternoon I can see some improvement in that too.
I've been throwing around the idea of getting a team together for one of the Breast Cancer Races this October. If you are interested let me know.
Well off to do some long over due laundry and dishes....it's a shame that they don't just do themselves when you don't feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment