Friday, July 24, 2009

July 24, 2009

I had chemo yesterday, and all things considered it went pretty well. I didn't have a reaction this time, and we were able to leave by 2pm. I also saw the plastic surgeon yesterday to get expanded. I got to see Dr. Thornton this time which really helped put me at ease after how the last appointment went with his assistant. Everything is looking good, and I hope to only have one more expansion. Today my chest hurts, but I expected that, and it's not unbearable. Yesterday during chemo I fell asleep, and the when we came home I took another nap! The fatigue is really getting to me. Today I have the luxury of working from home, which is a good thing, because I don't think I would have been able to make it very long at work today. After hours of typing I'm ready to go take my afternoon nap. Chad and I have plans to go out to dinner tonight. Unfortunately my taste has already changed this round so chances of me enjoying my dinner are slim, oh well, small price to pay. I am officially on the downward count. Four down two to go!! I was thinking the other day how thankful I am that I am going through treatment in summertime rather that winter. I already get the winter blues as it is, and the nice weather of summer really helps keep my spirits lifted.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention (imagine that, haha), while I was at chemo a woman from the ACS come to speak to me about their different resources and asked if I would be interested in speaking and volunteering for the Making Strides against breast cancer walk in October. Of course I said yes! While I was telling my mother about the news she told me that another group asked if we would be interested in interviewing with Rachel Platt, the new anchor, and doing another piece in some publication/magazine. God works in mysterious ways. I am thankful for these opportunities to share my mothers and my story as well spreading awareness for important issues that young cancer patients face.

No comments:

Post a Comment