Saturday, August 1, 2009

August 1, 2009

This weekend has been a good one. Friday my mother took my sister and I to a spa in Bardstown, KY. for some pampering and lunch. It was such a nice day, I love my family! Afterwards My friend and I went back to the wig shop to find another wig. I got a wavy blond one this time (I must admit, it's kinda fun, and addicting).
As you all know, I am a triathlete and love to cycle. This morning I went to the Tom Sawyer Triathlon to support my friends competing (I couldn't race this year due to everything going on) and there was a biker killer by a hit and run drink driver while on the course. They canceled the race mid way through. What a tragic morning! My heart goes out to the family who unexpectedly lost their loved one. I can't help but feel like this one hit close to home. I cycle that route often (and have done that triathlon multiple times) and I realize that none of us know the direction of our lives, and how they will end. PLEASE WATCH FOR CYCLIST ON THE ROAD!!!
I have been feeling pretty good. I've been a little more tired lately, but I've been running non-stop this week. I still have the odd taste and an upset stomach, but I definitely feel like I've made a HUGE improvement since last weekend.
I am posting a photo taken from the photo shoot my mother and I did (it's just a personal photo, not one of the magazine's shots). The hair in the photo is probably my favorite wig.

No comments:

Post a Comment