Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23, 2009

Well I must say, this last chemo has NOT been very nice to me. I am still feeling the effects and its been a week and a half. I still get nausea periodically, and the fatigue and aches have been insane! I am still having the rapid heart rate and for the past few weeks I have developed peripheral neuropathy in my feet and they have been killing me with a burning pain. Needless to say I am still having the GI issues as well.
Lets see if I can remember where I left off in the last blog...
The WHAS interview went great, although I felt horrible that morning. They were there for about 2 hours interviewing my mother and I. It will probably air late next month or in October for breast cancer awareness month (they said they will notify us with the air date).
Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty rough days at work, I don't think I was ready to come back yet. Last Thursday I got to sleep in (which was much needed!) then went to the hospital for a massage. I worked for 6 hours then met a friend for coffee. By the time I made it home I was miserable and went to bed early (with my heating pad for my back pain). Friday morning I had to get my labs drawn, which were VERY low (which would explain my persistent fatigue, aches, shortness of breath and other fun side effects) and was forbidden to work up patients or to swim in the lake/pool in TN. Then I went to work for about 6 hours (working up patients...against doctors orders). After work I went to On The Border with the office for dinner and drinks, I should have said no since I was already feeling beyond worn out, but nooooo. I ended up dragging myself to my car and crying the whole way home from EXTREME fatigue (not a "boohoo I have cancer, poor me" kinda cry, but a "I don't know if I'm gonna make it home cause I'm in so much pain , WHY did I do so much today " kinda cry). I walked straight from the car to the bed and went to sleep at 7pm on my heating pad.
Saturday my parents and I left for Fairfield Glade Tennessee (a mini vacation) which is literally in the middle of NO WHERE. It was a 5 hour drive and by the time we got there I was already worn out for the day! Today we drove a hour to Rugby, TN. to see a 18th century town which has the countries oldest library (and that's pretty much all they have, ha, ha). On the way home we stopped at a winery and did a tasting (I love wine) so the day wasn't a complete loss...just kidding. Now I'm kicked back and recouperating from the day (I fit in just fine in the old folks community, LOL). The mountains and country is beautiful, and although I joke about having nothing to do, I am taking advantage of relaxing and spending some quality time with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment