Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 9, 2009

I wish I could say that I haven't written this past week because I was having too much fun, but that is not the case. This past week I have worked 40 hours, most of which was on my feet. I am beyond tired! I would come home from work in so much pain that I wanted to cry, and go straight to bed. My fatigue is so bad that my entire body aches by the afternoon. At least I am sleeping good, however it seems that's all I want to do! My weekend has flown by, but Chad and I did go out on Saturday with some friends to dinner and a comedy show at the Improv. I'm trying to gear myself up for this coming week, but I'm seriously lacking motivation. I have to be at work at 7 am tomorrow (I am NOT a morning person), and I'm expecting long hours on my feet again. Plus, Thursday is chemo and expansion day, which means a long and miserable weekend. I can't wait til I'm done!
On a happier note, I was approached by a patient at work who asked if his son, who's doing a three day bike ride in Texas, could name his team after me (Team Alicia). Of course I said yes, but it is humbling. Needless to say, cycling is a passion of mine :-) God has a way of providing! It feels like every time I am starting to feel alone in my journey, or I'm down in the dumps, I am reminded of the tremendous support I have. I am so blessed to have so many family and friends encouraging me.
So, here's to a crappy week. I'd hate to lose my smile now, only two more treatments to go. Lets hope that mind over matter wins! I think I can, I think I can...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia,
    For the first time ever I feel I can relate to someone as I was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer at the age of 29 years old with zero history in my family and negative testing for the BRCA genes. I have run into so many roadblocks because of my age and how rare my case is. I am now being counseled for a mastectomy and I was told that they probably wont reconstruct because of my stage...basically saying it wont be worth it for them to do it... as nice as they could say it. I still have hope, always have to... and I keep my faith strong. I am with you, two young soldiers battling for a normal life again....As I say kickingcancersass like the name of my blog.... I would like to keep in touch from time to time....if that is ok....its nice to find someone to talk to who knows the roller coaster like I do.
    God Bless and much luck,
    Renee B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Alicia!! Praying for you!! Tomorrow will suck and for that I am sorry!! Almost girly.....almost!

    ReplyDelete