Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 25, 2009

UGH!!!! I hate gloomy days. Its raining and cloudy. I've decided that the weather plays a huge part in the mood I'm in. Today wasn't a great day...for a number of reasons. Chad and I went to the hospital last night to see a friend who just went through the same procedure that I'll be going through (bilateral mastectomy with expanders placed for reconstruction). She looked great, and seemed like she was in good spirits, but it was a huge reality check for me. I haven't really bounced back yet. On the other hand, I've really enjoyed having someone to share the experience with.
Oh, I also saw another plastic surgeon yesterday, Dr. Brian Thornton. The appointment went great, I felt really comfortable with him and he'll be able to start the reconstruction immediately. For all you other 'breast cancer club members' I totally recommend him. Needless to say, he'll be doing my surgery. My surgery date was scheduled for April 7th.
Tonight I'm meeting with some friends to finish planning the 'Going Away Party' for my boobs. I bet you guys are on the edge of your seats. Everyone is welcome, its going to be on April 3rd (that's a Friday). Trust me.....your gonna have fun!!!
Thanks to everyone who has given donations to the 'Eggs for Eggs' fundraiser. We can't thank you enough! It never ceases to amaze me how generous people can be.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you got your surgery date. We have been thinking about you and Chad a lot and you all are in our prayers. Love Keith and Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia,
    Just a note to let you know that you and Chad are in our thoughts and prayers daily.
    Love,
    Jerry & Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but I had a bilateral mastectomy a year ago February with expanders. I had Dr. Deweese as a surgeon and Dr Brian Thornton as a plastic surgeon. I loved them both and am very pleased with the final result. My prayers will be with you as you go through this.
    Linda
    lcn1@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock!!! I am so proud of your strength(Chad too). I tell everyone how awesome you are doing. Stay strong and faithful. Love, Tricia

    ReplyDelete