Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 19, 2009

I had an appointment with my oncologist today, Louisville Oncology-Dr. Seeger. Chad (my husband), my mom and my sister went with me. I was really proud of myself. I made it through the entire appointment without getting emotional or upset. Dr. Seeger spent alot of time going over my treatment options and answering questions that we had. I felt more clear after the appointment, even though I walked out with even more information to process. I think the game plan is going to be....have my surgery, then do chemo. She said I will have to have three types of chemo, but that they can be given together in one treatment. I'll have 7 rounds three weeks apart (that equals 21 weeks), then I'll have to take a hormone called Tamoxafen for 5 years after chemo to help minimize the risk of reoccurance or metastasis.

1 comment:

  1. We have you in our prayers and on prayer lines in alot of churches. Prayers are answered!!! We will be there for you and Chad 24/7 and more if needed. We love you and will help where and when needed. Love Sharon and Kerry [ Mom and Dad ]

    ReplyDelete