Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 6, 2009 CANCER FREE

Well, I know everyone is on pins and needles to hear the PET scan results.....I'm CANCER FREE!!!!!!!! Let me just say that again in case you didn't hear me, I'm CANCER FREE!!!!! And very proud of it! I know I'm not done yet, my next surgery is two weeks from tomorrow, but man it feels good. I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, what I went through was not easy. I am a SURVIVOR. My mom and I got to celebrate tonight at a kick off dinner for the Komen Race For The Cure. There were over 800 breast cancer survivors at Buckheads on the river, sharing and celebrating life and survivorship. What a great way to end the day, to be surrounded by hope.

Every time the phone rang today my heart would start racing. Finally, I decided that I was going to give myself a heart attack if I didn't just get it over with, so I got online to check my results. Once again, there they were. I printed them off without looking at the screen and stuck them in my pocket. I debated for a moment whether to look or not, then made my friend read them with me in case there was bad news. About an hour or two after reading them I got a call from my surgeon. Even though I knew the results, there was reassurance hearing it from him. He said that I had significant scaring in both arms. More scaring in the right side than he's ever seen, which would explain the interpretation from the radiologist. He said after my next surgery, if the pain and range of motion have not improved I can do physical therapy to improve it.

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad everything has turned out O.K with the tests!!!!!!!!:):):):):) Know you are going to be on Cindy Sullivan show next week......see you there.
    Helen A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, what AMAZING news! We should have a dinner with all of the HS girls to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete