Friday, October 23, 2009

October 23, 2009

It's two days after surgery and I have to admit, I was hoping to feel better than I do. Surgery went great, other than waiting forever to go to surgery. I think I was in surgery for about 2 1/2 hours. It took me a little bit to wake up from the anesthesia, but when I did, I was feeling pretty good (obviously sore, but not as bad as I had expected). They had booked me a room to spend the night, but I was able to go home that afternoon around 5pm. I took it easy for the rest of the evening and slept great that night. The next day did not go great. I've been really tired and VERY sore (I have HUGE bruises on my thighs from the fat grafting, and my chest is tight). After one of my naps I nearly passed out and felt very nauseous. That continued into last night and today. Last night at around 5am I woke up and thought I was going to get sick, plus I was in alot of pain. I am still taking my pain meds and even had to take some Zofran for my nausea. Against my better judgement I had my in-laws take me to the grocery store so I could get a few items. I didn't carry anything but I think even the walking was too much.

1 comment:

  1. Its good to hear your feeling a bit better :) You should have stayed home, but i know how you feel of just wanting to get out of the house. Hopefuly soon you can go shopping with no pain at all. I will keep the good wishes comming.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete