Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 24, 2009

This week has been much better than last week. I am starting to return to normal slowly but surely. For the most part I only have aches and fatigue. My taste is completely back and my bowels are getting back to normal. I haven't had any headaches in a while either. I've been really busy this week going out with friends for dinners and trying to have fun. I met with the Young Survivors last night...I always have a good time with them. It's nice to talk with other young women who are going through the same things you are.
I've had several people ask me if I will have a team for the two breast cancer walks next month. I will register tonight when I finish this blog and post how you can join me in the walk against breast cancer. The Susan G. Komen walk is October 10th and the American Cancer Society walk is October 25th. I am scheduled for surgery October 21st, but I hope to be well enough to walk.
I don't know if anyone has seen it yet or not, but WHAS 11 has been airing the promo that my mother and I filmed the day we did the interview with Rachel Platt. I still haven't received word on when that is going to air, but when I do I will pass it on. If I can figure it out I will try add an attachment of the clip.
For about the past two weeks or so I have noticed a decrease in the range of motion in my right arm (the arm my lymph node dissection was in) and my inner arm and arm pit have been increasingly more tender. I had made a full recovery after surgery so this was a bit concerning to me. I decided to go to my surgeon today to get a professional opinion and he scheduled me for some test to see what could be the cause. Now I just wait.
Tomorrow will one year til Chad and I leave for Italy!!!! I can't hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment