Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16, 2009

I failed to mention in my last post that I had talked to my oncologist office yesterday about the fatigue and extremely painful aches I have in my back, and although I have an answer now, it wasn't necessarily what I wanted to hear. The best I can describe them would be unlike the aches associated with the flu, but rather a deep ache, like it is in my bones. It's a painful ache. I am in pain, not just achy. Anyways, the oncologist said this is a side effect of the Taxotere chemo, and although it may get worse when I am more fatigued, I would have it anyways. Some patients take pain medications. There have been times I have considered taking them were it not for the fact that I hate medication (isn't that what made me have the pain in the first, not to mention that pain medication = constipation, no fun.) The good news is, as the chemo wears off over the next few weeks the pain will subside, Yay! I also wanted to note that my finger nails have started to fall off. The nail is separating from tissue. It is not painful though, like I expected. I am going to interested to see how many nails actually fully separate and fall off.
Tonight I am looking forward to having dinner with a group of girl friends. I have no plans of slowing down. I'm gonna live it up til surgery time.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog, I wanted you to know that someone (me) cares about what your going through, i know you have your family and friends but know that someone you dont know is praying for your well being and hopping you get better soon :)
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete