Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sepember 5, 2009

YAY!!!!! Its official, I had my last chemo treatment Thursday! I wasn't looking forward to it, especially since my last treatment gave me such a wicked beat down, but on the other hand, I wanted nothing more than to be done with this stage. It's two days after my treatment and so far I'm doing okay. I will be soooooo glad when I get my taste back. I think it's been one of the most annoying things I've had to put up with. It makes my mouth feel funny, nothing taste like what you want or expect, and it can make you nauseous (I do feel lucky that I didn't get sores in my mouth, I guess it can always be worse). I don't feel completely nauseous, rather "icky", if that makes since. The pain in my throat and neck haven't hit yet, but I'm sure it's a matter of time, since I've had it every treatment. I plan on laying low this weekend and taking it easy.
After my treatment was over the whole oncology staff came in my room with party horns and confetti and presented me with a certificate of completion of my chemo. Plus they had a chocolate cake...YUM! I've been so happy with my doctors and nurses at Louisville Oncology, they really go above and beyond, and you can tell they really care. During my check up before chemo my oncologist was telling me that if my ovaries are going to wake up, we should know while I'm on the hormone therapy. Let's keep our fingers crossed, I would love for Chad and I to get pregnant on our own (rather that having to implant the embryos, which means more hormones).
I also scheduled my next reconstruction surgery for October 21st. I feel like it's the last piece if the journey. I'm actually looking forward to something, it's a good feeling. There's light at the end of the tunnel. I started this journey 7 months ago, and in that time I have experienced so many emotions, and have grown so much. There's still a long road ahead of me, but I've definitely built confidence faith in myself and I know I can overcome any obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment