Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 15, 2009

Well, This last treatment has proven to be a doozie. It just keeps hanging on. I have been so fatigued and achy since last Wednesday. I'm inclined to think I am still hanging on to a cold, but who knows. I have made it a point to not be held down the past few days. This weekend was the Old Kentucky Home Tour with the Louisville Bicycle Club. Over a thousand riders rode from Tom Sawyer Park to Bardstown, KY. I have done this ride several times in the past years, but this time I was a spectator. I went to Bardstown to hang out with some friends on Saturday then on Sunday I volunteered my time, and it was worth it. I guess it was second best to actually being in the ride. Sunday was also Chad and my 6th wedding anniversary. I have my taste back for the most part, so we decided to go to Mitchell's Fish Market for dinner. That's one of my favorite places, we enjoyed a very nice evening together. I feel so blessed that I have Chad in my life. I can't imagine going through the past year alone. It has been almost two weeks since my last treatment. I definitely don't feel great, but I'm getting there. I hope in two more weeks I will be starting to feel back to normal and able to get back to exercising. I am in desperate need of some cardio rehab. I think that is part of the reason I have had such a rapid heart rate and so many palpitations through chemo. I still haven't decided on a team name for the Komen Breast Cancer walk yet, however, I plan to register in the next day or two. I am impressed to see how many friends want to walk with me, thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment